Personal Information Collection Agreement
Vatech Networks’ website place high importance on the personal information of information subjects and complies with Personal Information Protection Act and related laws.
This policy will be effective from September 30, 2011.
If the personal information handling policy is revised, it will be announced through Vatech’s website (or by individual notice).
Personal Information Items We Collect And How We Collect Them
The personal information collected from Vatech Networks’ website is as follows.
- Collected items: name, phone number, email
- Collection method: website (inquiries). However, access IP information may be collected during the use of the service.
Purpose of Use of Personal Information
Vatech Networks’ website uses collected personal information for the following purposes:
- Inquiries about products and employment inquiries, inquiries about site use, etc.
Retention and Use Period of Personal Information
Vatech Networks’ website destroys the information without delay after collecting and using personal information.
Method of Destroying Personal Information
We will promptly destroy the collected personal information after the achievement of the purpose of use and retention period, and the method of destruction is as follows:
- Electronic files—permanent deletion in a way that cannot be restored
- Printed, written, or other recording media—shredding or incineration
Third Party Provision of Personal Information
Vatech Networks’ website uses personal information within the scope of collection purposes and does not use or disclose personal information to third parties in excess of the scope.
However, except in the following cases.
- If separate consent from the information subject is received
- If there are special regulations in other laws that pertain to the situation
- If the information subject or its legal representative is in a state where he/she is unable to express his/her intention or is unable to obtain prior consent, such as an unknown address, it shall be clearly stated as necessary for the benefit of the information subject or third party’s imminent life and health
- If it is deemed necessary for profit
- Providing personal information in an unrecognizable form when it is necessary for statistical writing and academic research purposes
Consignment of Personal Information Handling Duties
All information entities may require that their personal information handled by Vatech Networks be viewed, corrected, deleted and suspended.
However, Vatech Networks may refuse or restrict such requests under the following circumstances:
- If there is a special provision in the law or it is inevitable to comply with statutory obligations
- If there is a risk of harming another person’s life or body, or there is a risk of unjustifiable infringement of the property or other interests of another person
- If the information is not processed, it is difficult to fulfill the contract such as failure to provide the contracted service with the information subject, and the information subject does not clearly state the intention to terminate the contract.
- An information subject who wishes to view personal information may submit the request for viewing, correction, deletion, and processing suspension to the personal information department in writing, e-mail, fax, etc.
(See “11. Civil Service of Personal Information” for the department concerned)
Vatech will take such action within 10 days, unless there is a justifiable reason, and if there is a reason for refusal or restriction, we will inform you of the reasons for the restriction or rejection and how to appeal.
Matters Concerning the Installation, Operation and Rejection of the Automatic Collection Device of Personal Information
- Analyze the frequency of access and visitation time to identify the user’s preferences and interests and trace their movements when on the site
- Targeted marketing and personalized service through understanding the degree of participation in various events and the number of visits
Provide targeted marketing and personalized service through various event attendance and number of visits. You have the option of installing cookies. Therefore, by setting options in your web browser, you can allow all cookies, check each time a cookie is saved, or refuse to save all cookies.
- How to set up (for Internet Explorer): Web browser Tools Internet Options Privacy
However, if you refuse to install cookies, it may be difficult to provide services.
Measures to Ensure the Security of Personal Information
In order to prevent personal information from being lost, stolen, leaked, altered or damaged in handling personal information, Vatech Networks takes the following safety measures:
- Vatech Networks complies with statutory standards for the safe storage and transmission of personal information.
- Vatech Networks uses anti-virus programs to take preventive measures against computer viruses.
- In order to prevent intrusion such as hacking, Vatech Networks is making every effort to ensure security by using an intrusion prevention system and vulnerability analysis system for each server.
- Vatech Networks limits the access rights to personal information to those who perform sales and marketing activities directly related to the information subject, to those who perform personal information management work, and to others who are inevitably required to handle personal information.
- Vatech Networks provides regular training on personal information protection for employees who handle personal information and strictly supervises and ensures compliance with laws and regulations on personal information protection.
- In order to secure personal information and personal information handling systems, we take protective measures to prevent physical access such as locking devices.
The computer room and the data storage room are set as special protection zones to prevent unwanted access.
Civil Service for Personal Information
In order to protect personal information and to deal with complaints of information related to personal information, Vatech Networks has specified the person responsible for personal information protection as follows:
- Personal Information Protection Officer: Kang Myung-Ku Team Leader
- Department: Information Strategy Team
- Phone: (+82) 031-8015-6115
- Fax: (+82) 031-8015-6115
- Email: [email protected]
- Business hours: Monday to Friday 09:00 to 18:00, Closed: Saturday & Sunday
To report or consult about other acts related to privacy infringement, please contact the following organizations:
- Personal Information Infringement Notification Center (http://privacy.kisa.or.kr Phone: 118)
- Information Protection Mark Certification Committee (http://www.eprivacy.or.kr Phone: (+82) 02-580-0533 ext. 4)
- Internet Crime Investigation Center, Supreme Prosecutors’ Office (http://www.spo.go.kr Phone: (+82) 02-3480-3600)
- National Police Agency Cyber Terror Response Center (http://www.ctrc.go.kr Phone: (+82) 02-392-0330)
- Announcement Date: September 30, 2011
- Effective date: September 30, 2011